Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Thoughts in My Mind.

I got in the shower and noticed there was only one light now in the bathroom that wasn’t burnt out-----one spotlight that beamed down over the tub and the stage was set…maybe the water was too hot or maybe because the light was different to where you could see more moisture in the air than before—I don’t know---but it was so foggy I could barely see my hand in front of my face. The light was so soft around the edges kind of like a Pat Benatar video and I couldn't help it...I got this hard popping bass line in my head…da dum dum dadumdum-- and that deep 80’s snare accompanied promptly--ya know the one…sounds like a wide broom smacking the floor of an empty warehouse….da dum dum dadumdum pfffffffff, da dum dum da dumdum pfffffff…..shout out to all those who pretend in the shower--- you know what I’m talking about; you're on an empty beach with the hot spring waterfall beating you in the face waking you up to a strange world….yea, me either...anyway, a great video was so being scored during this shower sesh but my mind wondered again distracted by the smell of formaldehyde and bacon bits…yes, that exact combination. But not the real kind, like the fake bacon bits, the 99 cent and on special bacon bits becasue they taste like hardened bits of hairspray--so like 57 cent bacon bits. That smell triggered immediately an un-seeming but vivid memory of two nights earlier when I dropped a raw chicken breast into a pot of boiling water…it was the exact same smell, I mean an exactly identical smell--and then I had one of these moments....

---Its like I was that raw piece of chicken in the pot, cooking in the shower….whoah indeed Keanu…whoah indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment