Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Roads.

It was raining for more than 2 weeks straight, unwavering…There’s nothing like it I've seen… darkness every day, grey and mauve capes hung somberly over the city and country side blocking the light from the sun…The sun, a fireball of legend in outer space that I have faith still exists…I read ancient parchment by candle fire in a damp corner of our flat of a heat that came from the sky and warmed the faces of children; a burnt yellow crayon scribbled hard on pasty white paper. I choose to believe it. It is clear. We must leave Wellington post haste….we left 4 days ago in search for dryer souls.

We headed north towards New Plymouth, where Phil, our mate from work grew up. We drove for about 2 hours through pelting rain and then something happened…..the windshield was silent and no man made lights were needed to see ahead. The corners of our mouths perked with hope for something above--an unabashed encounter with daylight.

It was wonderful and we saw it once more. We spent the night in New Plymouth and then headed to Taupo in the morning where we would stay in a hostile for the next 2 nights. The first night we went to a spa that was heated naturally by hot springs--awesome, went back to the hostile and met some more people—a girl from France, two from England and one from Boston who ended up coming back to Wellington with us. The next night we found another natural hot spring at the end of a river--awesomer….I mean Jacuzzi hot with yes, a steaming waterfall…got some peeps from the hostile that night and went back out there….it felt amazing considering it was freezing outside. Also we went luging….you get in a small cart and race down a steep tracked mountain. After the second time down, I thought----man you could really hurt yourself doin this….hmm… again we go—it was great. So there’s a few points--….all in all it was stellar trip-- much needed and absolutely gorgeous. I got a few pics but didn't document the whole thing.

frame scotty bear.

phil brew



boom


There are foxes that paint in this small town. it is incredible. you should see the--I am sorry, I was trying to impress you with a tale of wonder. There are no foxes that paint here.

hmmmff

tea, post haste.

snubberson.


planning to burn down every macdonalds.





phil trying to get out a piece of candy I told him was inside the camera

phil showing the girl standing behind me that he could kill her with one sexy glance and that is why the shades remain.

baxter.

return of the yellow

yayyyyy

air sofa

David Cheek this one's for you--objective: get a hole in one on a piece green way out out in the water....I had no idea what I was doing but if you made it you would win 10,000 dollars....i just crammed it as hard as i could and it apparently hit the green out there...so what did i get for getting so close---a free ball...I"ll take it.

hot springs....yes mam.









phil zoning. thinking. planning....the revolution.

driving through a painting.


this looked so fake


the fifth wheel
I want to eat a cow from this farm.

This was "Mount Doom" in lord of the rings

ridiculous.


look at that.


I stopped in my tracks and was just staring at this.





me and scott lookin kinda gay.

4 comments:

  1. You certainly do look gay, in fact, i question your sexuality daily...

    ReplyDelete
  2. those pictures are beautiful....i wish i was there

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Tim, the scenery there is just incredible. Enjoy, even if times are a bit rough. Thanks for sharing such beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I take it, skinny dipping wasn't allowed in the hot springs?

    ReplyDelete